Speaker choice for Pioneer LX53

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Anyone have an opinion on how the Monitor Audio HD sub/sat range would sound with the Pioneer VSX LX53 receiver?

A friend is looking to get a suitable sub/sat system that is smaller than my M1 satellite speakers and if possible, available in a white finish.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Monitor Audio and Pioneer AV receivers work really well together. In a second system I use MA with a Pioneer 920, and I've never been unimpressed with it - in fact, sometimes it surprises me, especially for a sub £2k system. You'll find the Radius HD range very detailed with the Pioneer, and a good choice if music is a factor too.

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi David,

Music is not a priority - his current music system will be used in another room. This build is purely for movies/tv.

Size of satellite speakers is the most important factor as the room is minimalist and his O/H would not be happy with large speakers. (Which rules out his current Mission 753's as fronts!!). They had a Sony HTIAB system in place with sat's 4 or 5" tall and a sub you could pick up in one hand.

He likes the sound of my system but thinks the M1's would prove too much to pass the female appreciation test although she is now suitably impressed with the new Panasonic GT30 she thought would dominate the room.

We are in the middle of arranging auditions to Boston Acoustics Soundware XS 5.1 and KEF KHT1505 at a local dealer but getting a date to suit both of us to travel though is proving difficult at the moment.

Thanks for the input.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts