Speaker calibration / Audyssey

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
I've recently changed my mains cable and sub-woofer cable. Should I consider re-calibrating as new cables in the system may impact sound, or as the speakers are in the same place, does it matter?

Cheers

A

Anonymous

Probably tweak the equaliser speaker settings to improve the tonal balance.
You are in 'the Ball Park' with the Audyssey set up, the rest is down to your ears!

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
thanks all.

While it does make me giggle, it drives the wife up the wall...
emotion-1.gif

That said, my new subcable (the Chord Crimson) is behaving a little oddly. I need to check it out properly tonight, but maybe someone has a quick answer?

Basically my sub is constantly booming. As soon as I turn it on there's a constant drone, strangely it happens when the Denon amp is on and off.

I'm not sure what could be causing this - in addition to changing the sub-cable, I've also had it moved recently (some workmen came in to inspect a damp patch - I moved it out, but they moved it back when I wasn't in the room).

As I said, I have to to a bit of checking, but thought someone might have a quick answer?

Cheers

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
I've never had it before (have had this sub for 5+ years). It's more than than - it's audible from 10 feet away, and gives a "thwunk" when I switch it off. Other than the fact it was moved and replaced in the same spot, and a new sub-cable added, nothing else has happened.

The noise also stops when I unplug the sub-cable.

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
haven't had a chance to do any of that yet - it involved moving lots of furniture to replace, but would be massively annoyed if a £15 cheap cable bought 5 years ago worked when a supposed premium cable failed!

A

Anonymous

Big Aura:
thanks all.

While it does make me giggle, it drives the wife up the wall...
emotion-1.gif

That said, my new subcable (the Chord Crimson) is behaving a little oddly.ÿ I need to check it out properly tonight, but maybe someone has a quick answer?

Basically my sub is constantly booming.ÿ As soon as I turn it on there's a constant drone, strangely it happens when the Denon amp is on and off.

I'm not sure what could be causing this - in addition to changing the sub-cable, I've also had it moved recently (some workmen came in to inspect a damp patch - I moved it out, but they moved it back when I wasn't in the room).

As I said, I have to to a bit of checking, but thought someone might have a quick answer?

ÿ

Cheers

ÿ

ÿ

Hi,

What was your old sub cable? I'm betting that the old one is a coax design.ÿ

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
electroman - it does reduce, when I turn the sub-down, but this was never a problem before - is it just that I have a much better and more sensitive cable now? Notwithstanding - should it still hum when the amp is turned off?

Beaverme - no idea what the old one is, how could I tell? one end isn't a straight plug, it's at a 90 degree angle, like some earphones are.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts