speaker cables

Gwyndy

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Okay two questions and a warning
Firstly what set up are you planning to use this with and how much are you planning to spend on the cables?
Secondly, there are people posting in these forums who are certain of the fact that no speaker cable, regardless of cost, makes any difference to the quality of the sound of your system, beyond that provided by very basic cabling supplied cheaply in Maplins or on eBay.
Please be prepared for your thread to be hijacked and your query turned into an argument on the merits or otherwise of any form of cable upgrade and whether we are all just imagining it.

A

Anonymous

At the moment I'm thinking something similar to nads setup with a C372 or maybe C355 and C272. I don't want to spend too much maybe 5-8 quid per metre.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="ubercow"]
At the moment I'm thinking something similar to nads setup with a C372 or maybe C355 and C272. I don't want to spend too much maybe 5-8 quid per metre.

[/quote]

not much to beat dnm reson mk 2 at that price level. Its way better than qed silver anniversary. Its neutral sounding too and would fit into many a different system. You can get it online for £6 p/m .rrp is £7.95

A

Anonymous

Where have you seen it for 6 ppm i can't find it that low? Also I have read good things about Reson Mk2 but apparently its not the best for electronic bass lines. Any other suggestions for a bass cable that would integrate?

Gwyndy

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="ubercow"]
Where have you seen it for 6 ppm i can't find it that low? Also I have read good things about Reson Mk2 but apparently its not the best for electronic bass lines. Any other suggestions for a bass cable that would integrate?
[/quote]

HiFicables.co.uk are doing it for £6.45 Per metre, Cable-shop.co.uk is £6.15 Per Metre

A

Anonymous

Apologies.£6.15 p/m. I used to use qed silver anniversary and bought dnmreson mak 2.The dnm reson is so much better.For an extra £1 or so a metre you get a hell of a lot more performance. I brought some round to my mates and let him hear it.He bought a run the next day and ditched his qed silver.It has a much weightier bass than the qed.It is neutral and sweet sounding too in the treble. I thought the bass performance was good. I compared it to some audioquest the other day ( not sure of the name as it my mates' cable and he didnt know!) and it had more bass than that.Audioquest stuff is known for good bass usually.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts