Speaker cables

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello i'm currently using profigold bass flex speaker cable at £2.00 a meter on my celestion avp305 5.1 speakers, but i'm considering using the QED silver anniversary cable with banaplugs at £5.00+ a meter. This would be quite an expensive upgrade for me considering i've purchased a lot of other kit latley. I just want to know if i'd hear a considerable difference between the two cables? And can i terminate the cables myself at home instead of the shop charging me for doing it? I'm trying to get a bit more clarity and crispness to speech in movies, i'm not sure if i'll acheive this without upgrading my center speaker but then i don't want to upset the balance of the speakers so any advise would be appreciated. Thanks.

A

Anonymous

I don't mean to be annoying but has anyone gone through a simular upgrade and could i still get good results through unterminated cables??

A

Anonymous

Hi Jerry, Can't comment on the speaker cables - not heard them.

But you don't need to worry about worse performance without the terminations - it'll be just as good with bare wire. Just be careful of stray strasnds of wire that might short things out! And make sure the terminals are nice and tight.

Banana plugs/spades make it easier to connect but don't improve things. Some might argue that another connection in the line might make things worse if anything. I wouldn't , but some might!

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply, it would save a bit of money if i didn't have to terminate them and if theres no performance benifit then i'll be sticking to the bare wire for now.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts