Speaker Cables recommendation

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Covenanter

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I got bored with this forum a few years ago now but I popped back in to see what was going on and I see people are still posting the old ********! Cables are peices of wire and as long as they are not broken they are all the same. Nobody has ever been able to distinguish any difference in proper tests. Go to Maplin and buy some cheap cable and plugs and make them yourself. A chimpanzee can do it and you will save a small fortune.

Chris

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Covenanter said:
I got bored with this forum a few years ago now but I popped back in to see what was going on and I see people are still posting the old ********!  Cables are peices of wire and as long as they are not broken they are all the same.  Nobody has ever been able to distinguish any difference in proper tests.  Go to Maplin and buy some cheap cable and plugs and make them yourself.  A chimpanzee can do it and you will save a small fortune.

Chris

Hi howzit

No we have progressed to av racks lacking bass

gasolin

bubobubo said:
dakchi said:
Hello,

I went to a local hifi dealer and he recomended the Supra 3.4s to me. Anyone tried this cable?

i have supra classic 4.0 and is better with the bass than van den hul the clear water, for my cheap amp and cheap bluray i prefer the supra classic cable, here in Sweden you can buy per meter and is cheap, the one you say is litle more expensive because it had shield around the cable, but you can buy for less money supra rondo 2 x 2,5mm that is great but i prefer litle more thick that is why i use 4 mm

ps. the supra classic 2,5 mm is one of the cheapest for those that dont want to espend much and sound ok, but the 4.0 is lile more "heavy" *dirol*

Supra classic 6.0 mm is the heaviest and costs the same as the supra ply 3.4 i still prefere the classic 6.0 over ply 3.4

gasolin

bubobubo

Nov 9, 2016
Visit site
i understand

ps. can somebody explain to me what do this mean

CLASSIC 2X6.0:
Resistans 2,9 Ohm/kmInduktans0,59uH/m
CLASSIC 2X4.0:

Resistans 4,3 Ohm/km Induktans0,55uH/m

do this means that supra classic 2x6 had the limit to go lowest 2,9 ohm and classic 2x4 lowest limit 4,3?

and what is induktans?

Regards

bubobubo said:
ps. can somebody explain to me what do this mean

CLASSIC 2X6.0:
Resistans 2,9 Ohm/km Induktans 0,59 uH/m
CLASSIC 2X4.0:

Resistans 4,3 Ohm/km Induktans0,55uH/m

do this means that supra classic 2x6 had the limit to go lowest 2,9 ohm and classic 2x4 lowest limit 4,3?

No, it means that one kilometre of the first cable has a resistance of 2.9 ohms. So, when you buy three metres for use at home, the resistance is negligible!

Best you google "inductance" rather than me fail to explain it adequately!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts