Speaker Cable Termination

halba

Jan 26, 2008
Visit site
Is there a sound difference if termination plugs are used verses screwing down the cables using the speaker posts ?

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Dont worry about it, its more convenient, thats all. More relevant though is that for the cost of terminating cables as per manufacturers instructions, which will cost you anything from 30 quid to much more than that, you can buy yourself some great music. What I would say though is, if you decide to go naked, wear some cotton gloves when twisting and strip the ends back every two years. Kinky

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
for certain applications,spades are better on older amps but drummerman is right there is no difference in sound quality.i use screw in type bananas on my amp and bare wire on the speakers,i dont worry about using cotton gloves as i twist the sleeve when taking it off but i suppose contamination may be an issue but i doubt it,unless you are worried about wire splinters but where all tough here.i will be posting a new topic on biwiring and lets just say that i was a bit taken aback.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="gregory"]i dont worry about using cotton gloves as i twist the sleeve when taking it off but i suppose contamination may be an issue but i doubt it[/quote]

Quite right. It was late, I was tired and i tried for once to be nice. It was also one of the few posts available. Ask me again now ...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts