speaker cable advice

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

alienmango

May 29, 2013
Visit site
It's true! You should hear my klipsch promedia speakers wired with supeme reference!!!

Highs are like crystal, mids are silky, and the bass bloat has completely gone.

Awesome value!

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
alienmango said:
From their website "The crazy thing is, that even on a whole system costing less than a single pair of Odin interconnects the benefits are so stunningly obvious!" so obviously they are worth it.

What don't you people understand...the cables must cost more than the entire system or the signal purity will be comprimised before it even get through!!! :read:

There are some people that think that if they can't hear any difference between cables all of them are the same so there is no point to invest

on more expensive ones .This is totally nonsense . Cables do make difference the good ones enable the system to fulfil its full potential (not to

improve the sound good cables will not turn a bad Hi Fi system to a good one ! ) the bad ones (usualy the "cheap" cables) have in general a negative affect,they might turn a good system to sound terrible .

I recommend to ignore the nonsenses that some peoples here are writing and for more serious information about this you are welcome to read it in The Complete Guide to High-End Audio by Robert Harley , chapter 11 .

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
ISAC69 said:
I recommend to ignore the nonsenses that some peoples here are writing and for more serious information about this you are welcome to read it in The Complete Guide to High-End Audio by Robert Harley , chapter 11 .

i think by nonsense you mean other peoples opinions. Anyhoo, wasn't it you that trotted out the crap that you could tell the difference between any cable 100% of the time?? ;) Also, do you have shares in that book, it's almost like every post you tell people to read it?

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
Didn't think this would go on so long so to put peoples mind's to rest, i just needed some new cable as i had a change around of the room, bought some 4mm cable from ebay, 10 mtrs and 8 banana plugs for 14 quid and free postage, set it up sounds great, my other cable was to short, anyways i needed some speaker stands looked on ebay, got some JPW gold monitors and some 60 cm stands for £ 8.50, result, hooked them up, bloody hell great little speakers much better than the Mission 761's i had before so i am a happy chappy, thanks to all who replied to offer their help and advice and am glad the post entertained.

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
gregory said:
Didn't think this would go on so long so to put peoples mind's to rest, i just needed some new cable as i had a change around of the room, bought some 4mm cable from ebay, 10 mtrs and 8 banana plugs for 14 quid and free postage, set it up sounds great, my other cable was to short, anyways i needed some speaker stands looked on ebay, got some JPW gold monitors and some 60 cm stands for £ 8.50, result, hooked them up, bloody hell great little speakers much better than the Mission 761's i had before so i am a happy chappy, thanks to all who replied to offer their help and advice and am glad the post entertained.

awesome stuff. Now all you need is some nice beer/wine to help the enjoyment :D :cheers:

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
cheeseboy said:
gregory said:

awesome stuff. Now all you need is some nice beer/wine to help the enjoyment :D :cheers:

The cheaper the cable the better ... You really need a lots of wine or bear so you'll be too drunk to notice how bad this cables level price are .

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
ISAC69 said:
cheeseboy said:
gregory said:

The cheaper the cable the better ... You really need a lots of wine or bear so you'll be too drunk to notice how bad this cables level price are .

Maybe you should read this: http://www.roger-russell.com/wire/wire.htm

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts