SPEAKER CABLE ADVICE

DJEPSON

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
I am just about to set up my system, Denon 1910 amp, Kef3005 speakers and B&W PV1 subwoofer and am looking at the following speaker cables:

Rear speakers - QED silver micro - (the room is 5 metres long so with stands etc will need about 9m for each speaker)

Front and centre - Chord carnival silverscreen (about 3m for the fronts and 0.5m for the centre)

Is this a good mix or should I stick with all one make ?

Also can the Merlin Mozart What Hi-Fi winner be used as an interconnect to my subwoofer ?

Thanks in advance

Damian

A

Anonymous

DJEPSON If you are using the proper Kef stands for any of the 3005SE speakers do not buy the Chord carnival silverscreen because it's too thick to run through the stands. I made this mistake and wasted quite a few quid. Even if you aren't using the stands I'd check the Chord carnival against the Kef satellites. In my opinion these big chunky cables hooked up to tiny satellites would look a bit odd. You really do not get a sense of the width of these cables just looking at them on a computer. Presuming you are using the proper kef stands for the rears the QED micro will run through comfortably.

I use QED micro for my rears and QED Silver Anniversary XT for my centre. I also tried to run this cable through the Kef stands for my front left/right and it was a bit of a squeeze. I've got a couple more lengths on order anyway and I'm sure with a bit of effort they'll go through without damaging the insides of the cable. These QED SAXT's are rated 5 stars and are relatively cheap so going off the reviews here they would seem a suitable substitue for the chords in terms of price and quality. As for your sub interconnect no idea sorry!

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
The mixture of makes is fine......I use the same for my fronts and centre(watch out it's 1cm in diameter!!!!), and QED micro for rears..........

DJEPSON

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
Thanks guys, I will be using the KEF speaker stands with both the front and rear speakers so I will probably go with the QED Silver Anniversary for the front, thanks for saving me the money the I would have spent as well

Regards

Damian

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts