Speaker Angles

halba

Jan 26, 2008
Visit site
I have heard that putting the speakers at an inward angle & sitting either infront or behind where the sound would cross would give a better sound stage. However my friend could not remember whether it was infront or behind though! Does anyone out there know ?

A

Anonymous

[quote user="nads"]you want to be just behind the point.[/quote]

Just infront I thought...seems more logical.

A

Anonymous

Which do you prefer? Is this the case with all music? Down to preference.

A

Anonymous

Speakers crossing just in front of listening position is the norm (not that mine are at the moment) - so you can just see the outside side if the speaker, but try it out and see what butters your muffin.

A

Anonymous

I just have mine pointing straight into my ears. :) Don't know if this is "right" or not but it works for me.

Cheers, Marco.

A

Anonymous

I noticed a significant difference when tilting my Floorstanders back, using the floor spikes at different lengths. Much better bass presence and overall sound. Well worth doing!

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Different speakers are design to be place in different way. Slight toe in and move speakers in to the room generally give you a wider soundstage but could loose a little at the bottom end. Ultimately if the sound stage is not on the software (CD) then you wouldn't hear it anyway.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts