Speaker and amp matching

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I thought some of you may find this article interesting.

https://www.qacoustics.co.uk/blog/2017/08/14/beginners-guide-matching-speakers-amplifiers/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Paid+Social&utm_campaign=Blog+Promotion+UK&utm_content=Blog+SpeakertsandAmps

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Gray said:
Is it just me? (and I don't care if it is) but when you see 'impedance' written as 'imprudance,' doesn't it put you off slightly?

If you read the article, you'll see this is not the only mistake. Yes, of course we know what they mean, but there's just no excuse for not proof reading and correcting.

...a couple of your commas are misplaced/unecessary and you can't use a question mark and then "but"... *biggrin*

Gray

Is it just me? (and I don't care if it is) but when you see 'impedance' written as 'imprudance,' doesn't it put you off slightly?

If you read the article, you'll see this is not the only mistake. Yes, of course we know what they mean, but there's just no excuse for not proof reading and correcting.

There's a case for saying that proof reading a begginer's guide is all the more important. I say such simple attention to detail is always important.

Gray

Gazzip said:
Gray said:

I was waiting for the corrections. Thanks Gazzip :)

Everyone on here makes mistakes - but they don't write 'imprudance' do they?

...a couple of your commas are misplaced/unecessary and you can't use a question mark and then "but"... *biggrin*

Leif

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Gray wrote: "Is it just me? (and I don't care if it is) but when you see 'impedance' written as 'imprudance,' doesn't it put you off slightly?

There's a case for saying that proof reading a begginer's guide is all the more important. I say such simple attention to detail is always important."

I sea watt ewe mean. They kneed to take moor care, do they knot?

Alberich

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Leif said:
Gray wrote: "Is it just me? (and I don't care if it is) but when you see 'impedance' written as 'imprudance,' doesn't it put you off slightly?

There's a case for saying that proof reading a begginer's guide is all the more important. I say such simple attention to detail is always important."

Lol , always a risky endeavour highlighting grammar errors.
Better make sure autocorrect has your back :)

Samd

Alberich said:
Leif said:

There's a case for saying that proof reading a begginer's guide is all the more important. I say such simple attention to detail is always important."

Lol , always a risky endeavour highlighting grammar errors. Better make sure autocorrect has your back :)

0lny srmat poelpe can raed tihs. I cdnuolt

blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd

waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal

pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a

rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy,_it

deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the Itteers in

a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht

the fríst and Isat Itteer be in the rghít pclae.

The rset can be a taotl mses and you can

sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm._Tihs is

bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed

ervey Iteter by istlef, but the wrod as a

wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas

tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Would depend on size of room and how difficult it is to drive the speakers. Of course driving speakers with insufficient power could lead to lack of grip on the speakers but not necessary damage to the speakers.

Native_bon said:
Would depend on size of room and how difficult it is to drive the speakers. Of course driving speakers with insufficient power could lead to lack of grip on the speakers but not necessary damage to the speakers.
But the usual outcome is the amp clips, and the distortion cooks the speaker. Quite common, really!

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
nopiano said:
Native_bon said:
But the usual outcome is the amp clips, and the distortion cooks the speaker.  Quite common, really!  
Could be the case but of all my hi-fi years never happened to me, and I had some real bad matching systems in my early years. Looking back now I must have been very lucky.

But it amazes me that people will drive an amp or speakers to that level of distortion without noticing.

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Alberich said:
Leif said:

Lol , always a risky endeavour highlighting grammar errors. Better make sure autocorrect has your back :)

For some strange reason my spell check doesn't work on this forum. *sad*

On every other site it works as normal . *scratch_one-s_head*

Native_bon said:
nopiano said:
Native_bon said:
But the usual outcome is the amp clips, and the distortion cooks the speaker. Quite common, really!
Could be the case but of all my hi-fi years never happened to me, and I had some real bad matching systems in my early years. Looking back now I must have been very lucky.

But it amazes me that people will drive an amp or speakers to that level of distortion without noticing.
They are often partying, so are too p****d to notice!

Gray

Alberich said:
Leif said:

I've never used autocorrect :)

If I was a liar of course, I'd say I was just testing you. I honestly can't believe my mistake - 500+ posts I've done and made real effort to spell correctly using a dictionary when not sure - check them all if you like (I think someone might - hope they do) Amazing. I'd never pretend to be perfect - but would never believe I could be that stupid. (at least QA writer got paid for his mistakes)

Leif

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Gray said:
Alberich said:
Leif said:

I've never used autocorrect :)

If I was a liar of course, I'd say I was just testing you. I honestly can't believe my mistake - 500+ posts I've done and made real effort to spell correctly using a dictionary when not sure - check them all if you like (I think someone might - hope they do) Amazing. I'd never pretend to be perfect - but would never believe I could be that stupid. (at least QA writer got paid for his mistakes)

Your mistake made me smile. No-one is perfect.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts