Speaker advice

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Al ears said:
Steve Reichert PR Manager ArmourHome said:
Hello Dieter W

Firstly, thank for considering Q Acoustics loudspeakers.

0cm;line-height:24.5pt">Secondly, the Concept 20 model is a perfect match with the Arcam A19 amplifier. Arcam have kindly lent us an A19 and an A49 and we use them all the time to show off our speakers at shows and to visitors to our offices.

Lastly, Davedotco is usually a very reliable source of excellent advice (especially about active speakers), but on this occassion we must disagree. The Concept 20 doesn't require any more careful set-up than any other speaker. Quite the reverse in fact, because the amazingly low resonance 'Gelcore Construction' cabinet means it’s less effected by sitting on furniture etc. than other speakers - because it emits far less resonance/vibrations into the shelf/furniture.

Of course, if you do spend some time setting it up optimally, it can deliver spectacular results – but that’s because it’s a great speaker. :)

Regards

Are you in any way associated with Q Acoustics? I think the world should know. ;-)

Perhaps you should note the fact in your signature as blatant advertising is somewhat frowned upon on most forums.

Your final sentence proves my point.

I think the Concept 20 is a fine louspeaker at a modest price. In fact I consider it so good that I would personally consider the A19 as barely adequate to drive them.

I have had the oportunity to hear these speakers with some very decent amplification, I'm afraid that whilst they may sound perfectly acceptable placed on shelves or other items of furniture, this barely hints at what they are capable of when properly set up and driven.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Al ears said:
Can we take it that 'setting it up optimally' means do buy the stands as well.... :)

And to think some people gave Boggit a hard time.....

Steve does usually make it quite clear who he works for. Knowing the foibles of this website, I would give him a break here.

As an aside, they are genuinely nice speakers, the lack of the usual 'cabinet bloom' is exceptional at anything like this sort of price. I heard them driven by an Electro pre-power (at a dealer) and they were super, I thought them more than a match for some £1k speakers, including SF Venere stand mounts.

davedotco said:
Al ears said:
Can we take it that 'setting it up optimally' means do buy the stands as well.... :)

And to think some people gave Boggit a hard time..... 

Steve does usually make it quite clear who he works for. Knowing the foibles of this website, I would give him a break here.

As an aside, they are genuinely nice speakers, the lack of the usual 'cabinet bloom' is exceptional at anything like this sort of price. I heard them driven by an Electro pre-power (at a dealer) and they were super, I thought them more than a match for some £1k speakers, including SF Venere stand mounts.
Very tricky this hifi thing.

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
This amp is well known to need careful matching with speakers. Some will not sound good with it. My dynaudio dm 2/7 did not sound good, so i would expect the emit to not be ideal eithrr. I would say you must only go for speakers you can audition, unless someone gives you unequivical advice that a certain speaker works very well, and then it might be worth a punt. l

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts