Speaker advice for Audiolab 8000cd

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello all,

This is my first post and hoping you guys can help ! Last year i bought the audiolab 8000cd player. Which i am extremely pleased with. I currently have an old Audiolab amp, inherited from my Dad, which is easily 12 years old now. I hope to replace with an new audiolab amp sometime next year. But for Christmas i would like to get some floor standing speakers for around £400 - £600. Currently have Mordant short speakers. Musically I like stuff from Beatles, Bob Dylan to Pearl Jam, Eels, Ryan Adams, Black Rebal motor clcyle club etc.

So looking to find some speakers to compliant this type of music. Anyone have any suggestion ? Would be a great help.

Thanks,

Graham

Gbeer7:

Hello all,

This is my first post and hoping you guys can help ! Last year i bought the audiolab 8000cd player. Which i am extremely pleased with. I currently have an old Audiolab amp, inherited from my Dad, which is easily 12 years old now. I hope to replace with an new audiolab amp sometime next year. But for Christmas i would like to get some floor standing speakers for around £400 - £600. Currently have Mordant short speakers. Musically I like stuff from Beatles, Bob Dylan to Pearl Jam, Eels, Ryan Adams, Black Rebal motor clcyle club etc.

So looking to find some speakers to compliant this type of music. Anyone have any suggestion ? Would be a great help.

Thanks,

Graham

Hi Graham

That's quite a decent budget. For your money you have several options: I think Acoustic Energy Neo 2 should sound good with your set-up, and they retailed at around £400. Alternatively, if you scan ebay, you could pick-up Monitor Audio RS5 or RS6 for similar money. Likewise KEF IQ5SE's would be ideal for Audiolab.

A

Anonymous

Thank you for replying back. £400 is what i'm looking for but £600 is the stretch !

Gbeer7:Thank you for replying back. £400 is what i'm looking for but £600 is the stretch !

There are a couple of pairs of the mentioned MA's on fleebay at the moment. The Kefs are available from Richer Sounds and the AE Neo's should be available at certain Audio-T branches.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I have an 8000CD with the newer 8000S and they are connected to some floorstanding Mission V63s which I picked up second hand for £130, when they came out they were around £600, and they work quite well.

Also heard good things about RS6s, but dont rule out second hand as £400 would get you a hell of a lot

white91:

Hi,

I have an 8000CD with the newer 8000S and they are connected to some floorstanding Mission V63s which I picked up second hand for £130, when they came out they were around £600, and they work quite well.

Also heard good things about RS6s, but dont rule out second hand as £400 would get you a hell of a lot

Interesting choice - the Missions from a few years ago were blinding, 782's in particular, but these newer incarnations seemed to have had a lukewarm review. It's a shame because I was quite a fan 8/9 years ago.

A

Anonymous

The V63s were well reviewed at the time, they are well built, also I use them for films and they pack a punch!

For the money I paid you cannot really complain. From memory the 753 Freedoms are well sought after too.

A

Anonymous

I also have an 8000cd and 8000a amp and use mission 753, after many years I am still more than happy with them, if there are any still available second hand they might well be worth your consideration...good luck

A

Anonymous

I wonder whether the Wharfdale Diamond 10.3 floorstanders might work well. They're 300 quid and might match well as the Audiolab is quite cool and lean (from my memory of it!) and the Wharfedales rich and full. You'd have £100 left for your new amp or speaker cables. Worth an audition.

T

the record spot

Seek out either the outgoing Q Acoustics 1050i or the incoming Q Acoustics 2050 - the former was very well reviewed and hopefully the new model will do at least as well. £230 - £370.

A

Anonymous

Thank you all for replying. I thinking of going with the KEF IQ5SE. Can someone tell me if they are an old model ? When i google them discontinued comes up alot !
Now to start the saving !

TRENDING THREADS