SPDIF cable - does it need to be anything special?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Tinman1952

Yes and I'm sure the difference between their L & R ears might also shock some people
(for listening to their speakers with drive units pair-matched to within 1dB).
That’s absolutely true. I have slight tinnitus in my left ear and that (plus my room response) means I always have to increase the channel balance to the left to get a central stereo image.

Gray

That’s absolutely true. I have slight tinnitus in my left ear and that (plus my room response) means I always have to increase the channel balance to the left to get a central stereo image.
You're not alone. Tinnitus has gone from something that I'd heard about, to something that I actually hear :(
One theory is that it's the brain filling in for frequencies that the ear(s) no longer hear.
Whatever it is, we could do without it.

Reactions: Tinman1952

Tinman1952

You're not alone. Tinnitus has gone from something that I'd heard about, to something that I actually hear :(
One theory is that it's the brain filling in for frequencies that the ear(s) no longer hear.
Whatever it is, we could do without it.
Absolutely. Mine came on 5 years ago after a bad cold and cough which lasted 6 weeks!
After researching, its amazing how many people suffer from it….Bill Clinton, William Shatner, Chris Martin (Coldplay) even HG Wells I believe.
Apperently 6 million brits suffer from it….you’d think science had an answer by now….🤞
Luckily it doesn’t hamper my enjoyment of music!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts