SoundMagic E10 and E30

WatchingYou

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I read a lot of stuff on here, but this is the first time I've been compelled to create an account and make a post.

I'm planning to buy a cheap pair of IEMs. I've narrowed it down to the SoundMagic E10 and E30. But I am absolutely torn between these two!

As far as the reviews go, the E10s have a punchier bass, but poorer vocals and treble. The E30s have lesser bass. The E30s do look like they have my kind of sound signature. I like clear, sharp vocals, and tight (more than loud) bass.

But the one thing that worries me is the design. I've read about a lot of complaints regarding the over-the-ear design, which is unusual and uncomfortable. The isolation is apparently bad. Doesn't that decrease overall sound quality a lot? Will it be a big factor? Please help! :/ :/

Audiofilo

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi there, and welcome. The point of the over ear design is to secure them, so I think they will actually help with isolation. Also consider the PL30s.

Hope this helps.

WatchingYou

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi :) I was previously using a pair of PL20s, which had extremely good mids and highs for my taste. I read a lot of reviews saying that the earbuds in the E30s don't go deep. It probably wasn't a big factor, but didn't want to take the risk, so went with the E10! Not disappointed so far, although I am very slightly missing the lively vocals and treble that the PL20s I had :)

These earphones sound wonderful, though. The reason I had to upgrade was because of the slight lack of bass in the PL20s, which would have been the case with the PL30s as well I guess. The bass on these is beautiful, it has texture and is tight!

Thank you!

Audiofilo

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm pleased you're happy and enjoying your earphones.
smiley-cool.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts