soundbar option for older tv

Akroyd0852

Dec 22, 2021
Visit site
Hello,
I have a Sony KD-49XE9005 which is now about 4(ish) years old. Still love the TV and looking to keep hold of it for the next few years anyway.
I'm thinking about getting a soundbar and I've been looking at the Sony HT-A7000 and the Sonos ARC.
These both support Dolby Atmos but my TV doesn't. I'd like to buy something that will suit but if I can't use some of the bars capabilities will it be a waste?

Any advice will help.

Thank you!

Dec 24, 2021
Visit site
I'm just interested because the Sony HT-A7000 is advertised as having two HDMI pass-through connectors. Does this mean you can attach external boxes for TV and audio output, such as Blu-ray players and game consoles? Or, if you're not using earc, is this only for audio output?
cookie clicker

I'm not sure of the value of Sonos if you don't have Sonos in your house to take advantage of multiroom music. Besides, it makes sense for you to buy a soundbar with multiple HDMI ports to give you flexibility regarding connecting your sources for Dolby Atmos etc.

It would depend on what source you're connecting. Some blu ray players for example have 2 HDMI outputs where you can assign one for audio to the soundbar and one for video to TV.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts