Soundbar advice

wiscel

Sep 16, 2024
Visit site
For my new Philips 909 Oled I want to buy a soundbar. Because the TV is mounted on the wall, the subwoofer cannot 'breathe' and the Bowers and Wilkins soundbar that is attached to the bottom of the TV has a lot of sibilance, even when you adjust the EQ.
I have seen a number of soundbars that interest me. The requirements they must meet are Dolby Atmos, the bar must switch off when the TV is switched off, sufficient bass without a subwoofer. But if a subwoofer is needed, then the option to connect it to the Elipson Sub10 subwoofer that I already have. I do not think multiroom is important, or Alexa. What I want is to improve the sound of the TV. (I listen to music via a Cambridge Audio Evo 150 with Sonus Faber speakers). The price may be between 500 and 800 euros

I have seen a number of models that I think meet my requirements, but few reviews can be found.

Klipsch Flexus-core 200
Canton Smart Soundbar 9

Please share your findings and/or tips for better models.

Welcome to the forum! I use an old Canton sound base, which still sounds good but lack modern connectivity. I haven’t experienced any of the wall mounted soundbars at home.

As you have excellent Hifi, would you consider one of those modern wireless Hifi systems, like a Naim Muso or Sonus faber Omnia? Or a pair of KEF wireless speakers? Not so slick looking but much better quality.

wiscel

Sep 16, 2024
Visit site
OK, pver the past 10 years I had a Naim Muso, Bluesound Pulse, and the KEF Wireless.
The Muso and Pulse had great sound but stereo sound was limited. The KEF's I didn't like more because lack of low/bass sounds and the looks.
You might want to check out the new Cambridge Audio Evo ONE?

manicm

OK, pver the past 10 years I had a Naim Muso, Bluesound Pulse, and the KEF Wireless.
The Muso and Pulse had great sound but stereo sound was limited. The KEF's I didn't like more because lack of low/bass sounds and the looks.
You might want to check out the new Cambridge Audio Evo ONE?

He wants Dolby Atmos, so these will not meet his requirements.

manicm

For my new Philips 909 Oled I want to buy a soundbar. Because the TV is mounted on the wall, the subwoofer cannot 'breathe' and the Bowers and Wilkins soundbar that is attached to the bottom of the TV has a lot of sibilance, even when you adjust the EQ.
I have seen a number of soundbars that interest me. The requirements they must meet are Dolby Atmos, the bar must switch off when the TV is switched off, sufficient bass without a subwoofer. But if a subwoofer is needed, then the option to connect it to the Elipson Sub10 subwoofer that I already have. I do not think multiroom is important, or Alexa. What I want is to improve the sound of the TV. (I listen to music via a Cambridge Audio Evo 150 with Sonus Faber speakers). The price may be between 500 and 800 euros

I have seen a number of models that I think meet my requirements, but few reviews can be found.

Klipsch Flexus-core 200
Canton Smart Soundbar 9

Please share your findings and/or tips for better models.

I would stay away from the Klipsch - the usability still relies on Bluetooth, and it's not great. I had the older 600 bar, and app settings would not persist. They will be releasing the wifi enabled Core 300 soon, so I'd take a look at that rather.

But right now, right here, if your budget does not stretch to a Sonos Arc, this to me is the next best thing - Samsung Q800D. It has Dolby Atmos, Spotify Connect, Tidal Connect, and the previous versions were highly regarded, this is the latest 'D' iteration. Look out for specials. It has a subwoofer - but is that really a problem for you?

Reactions: Juzzie Wuzzie

Jasonovich

I'm not a big fan of sound bars but I do know, Nakamichi makes them well, particularly Shockwafe models.
I suspect it will be a little over your budget but worth your investment. You can order directly from Nakamichi site, I did check availability on Amazon but appear to be out of stock.

1727088311668.png
1727088690812.png

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts