Soundbar advice

wiscel

Sep 16, 2024
Visit site
For my new Philips 909 Oled I want to buy a soundbar. Because the TV is mounted on the wall, the subwoofer cannot 'breathe' and the Bowers and Wilkins soundbar that is attached to the bottom of the TV has a lot of sibilance, even when you adjust the EQ.
I have seen a number of soundbars that interest me. The requirements they must meet are Dolby Atmos, the bar must switch off when the TV is switched off, sufficient bass without a subwoofer. But if a subwoofer is needed, then the option to connect it to the Elipson Sub10 subwoofer that I already have. I do not think multiroom is important, or Alexa. What I want is to improve the sound of the TV. (I listen to music via a Cambridge Audio Evo 150 with Sonus Faber speakers). The price may be between 500 and 800 euros

I have seen a number of models that I think meet my requirements, but few reviews can be found.

Klipsch Flexus-core 200
Canton Smart Soundbar 9

Please share your findings and/or tips for better models.

Welcome to the forum! I use an old Canton sound base, which still sounds good but lack modern connectivity. I haven’t experienced any of the wall mounted soundbars at home.

As you have excellent Hifi, would you consider one of those modern wireless Hifi systems, like a Naim Muso or Sonus faber Omnia? Or a pair of KEF wireless speakers? Not so slick looking but much better quality.

wiscel

Sep 16, 2024
Visit site
OK, pver the past 10 years I had a Naim Muso, Bluesound Pulse, and the KEF Wireless.
The Muso and Pulse had great sound but stereo sound was limited. The KEF's I didn't like more because lack of low/bass sounds and the looks.
You might want to check out the new Cambridge Audio Evo ONE?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts