Sound processor preamps for around £2k

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

jcshutts

Mar 22, 2008
Visit site
i have checked the manual on the AV amp and it states the following: Pure Direct provides the shortest possible signal path for 2-channel or

multi-channel analog inputs, with no signal processing and no display.

I don't think I need to get rid of my ole faithful! it was a £3k amp afterall. I could be the first to have an AV amp performing the role of power -amp whilst employing a seperate processor. I'll report back on how it sounds!
smiley-wink.gif

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
jcshutts said:
I could be the first to have an AV amp performing the role of power -amp whilst employing a seperate processor. I'll report back on how it sounds!
smiley-wink.gif

I am sorry to take this away from you.. I was using Marantz SR6006 as Power Amp for Center and surround channels when I had the set up with Classe SSP-800 as Pre-pro and CA-2100 as the Power Amp for the Front Left & Right.

I found nothing wrong with such a set up and the AVR performed more than satisfactory as Power amp for three channels.

jcshutts

Mar 22, 2008
Visit site
That's great to hear, even if it does mean I won't be famous for trying something new. The only thing I have to hope for now is that the marantz pre pro will sound better than using the oppo 105 bluray or equivalent or using an all in AV receiver

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts