Sound and Vision in Manchester 2010?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:
El Hefe:Have anyone driven from Cardiff before? How long will it take?

Clickety

Ouch! I'd have thought it'd be more convenient to just wait for the next Bristol show, being in Cardiff and everything?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
the_lhc:Ouch! I'd have thought it'd be more convenient to just wait for the next Bristol show, being in Cardiff and everything?

Although of course El Hefe may not be in the UK in February...

El Hefe

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
Thanks all. 3.5 hrs. Thats what I thought. I will only have Sunday to attend. Leave Cardiff by 10 am, arrive Manchester by 130 pm. Quick lunch. And will only have 2 to 5 pm to roam the show.

Then straight to Heathrow airport for next day flight out to Kuala Lumpur.

Attended the Bristol show in year 1999 or 2000 I think. Was living in Kent at that time. Quite a drive.

For this trip, will be in Brighton, Bath and Cardiff is the last stop. Well now, Manchester will be the last stop. :)

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Well as I only live within walking distance of the show it would be a sin not to attend.

Went last year and really enjoyed it, particularly the KEF room which was showcasing a fantastic HD projector with accompanying sound system. They were playing a Fender Guitar tribute concert featuring Dave Gilmour and Gary Moore amongst many which was quite stunning.

Anyone else going?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Well we'll be there, of course
emotion-2.gif

El Hefe

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
Aaaaaaah finally arrived brighton at 9 pm last nite after a long 13 hrs flight from malaysia. Lovely weather yesterday. 1 week to go before going to the show. Cant wait. :)

dirtydean

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
El Hefe:Aaaaaaah finally arrived brighton at 9 pm last nite after a long 13 hrs flight from malaysia. Lovely weather yesterday. 1 week to go before going to the show. Cant wait. :)
Enjoy your hols....
Dean

dirtydean

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Anyone driving to the show down the M56 there is signs around the M60 and M56 saying the motorway will be closed at the weekend, it will be wise to check before coming that way.
Dean

Phil77

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
The Castle speakers were awsome great to see them back sounded fantastic and a bargain with £100's off... Great show buy the way guys thanks for all the effort...

grifz

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I was at the show bright and early yesterday 9.28am . I headed strait over to the whfi section to see if there was any freebiees for earlybirds . No as im already subscribe to the mag . However i did get the chance to meet Clare Ho La La , Yes Clare i was the hansome good looking fairly well built young chap you setup the PS3 with 3D for in the morning. Anyway good overall show, 3D tv,s was not convincing at all. Heavy glasses and way to much flicker gave me a fuzzy head for 5mins after all the 3D tv demo,s . I feel all the tv,s were not a major step up from last years philips tv . There were some excellent speaker demo rooms although i wasnt familiar with some names i am learning to the difference in sounds and what sound i like and dislike . Great show to all guys and girls

A

Anonymous

I was only lucky enough to see Dominic Dawes having a *** and coffee who was wearing a dodgy v neck and pointed lapel blazer combo. But he was probably still the best dressed bloke there.

A

Anonymous

I enjoyed the What Hi Fi 3D demo, there were a couple of people at the back who couldn't get there glasses to work due to not being in the transmittors line of view, but overall a good demo!!

I was most impressed with SONY's 3D TV range, they just look smoother and sharper than the opposition. Samsung wasn't too bad either!

John Duncan

woollyjoe:
I was only lucky enough to see Dominic Dawes having a *** and coffee who was wearing a dodgy v neck and pointed lapel blazer combo. But he was probably still the best dressed bloke there.

I just bought a dodgy v neck, what's wrong with them?

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Phil77:The Castle speakers were awsome great to see them back sounded fantastic and a bargain with £100's off... Great show buy the way guys thanks for all the effort...

Totally agree......
emotion-21.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts