Sound and Vision Bristol 2009

A

Anonymous

A Naim AV3 !
emotion-42.gif

Unfortunately I probably won't be there to witness this with my own eyes, so you'll have to report if pigs really do fly.....

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
If I go it'll be more what I don't want to see and hear: blasting Guitar Hero; mega-loud Roland drum machines/synths; loudest, body shaking subwoofer competition; other similiar rubbish.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Yes yes we know - you didn't enjoy the ExCel show. This one's in hotel rooms, and no Stuffery.

But if I were you I'd probably still stay at home and fulminate.

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:
Yes yes we know - you didn't enjoy the ExCel show. This one's in hotel rooms, and no Stuffery.

But if I were you I'd probably still stay at home and fulminate.

If I didn't go, what would I have to complain about? Besides, I want to have a word with PMC about claiming my DB1s in repayment for using my quote (from the show last year)

Anyway, Bristol is a far, far better show than Excel and much better value for money, i.e. not over in 1 hour....in fact Bristol takes up most of one day. Park and ride scheme provided. Also notice that the price of entry hasn't gone up.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
PJPro:Besides, I want to have a word with PMC about claiming my DB1s in repayment for using my quote (from the show last year)

I'll warn Pete, Keith and Tom that you're coming.

PJPro:Also notice that the price of entry hasn't gone up.

Probably because the organisers make lots of moolah from people buying stuff through them.

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:
PJPro:Besides, I want to have a word with PMC about claiming my DB1s in repayment for using my quote (from the show last year)

I'll warn Pete, Keith and Tom that you're coming.

You can also tell them I've still got a PMC stick of rock kicking about the house somewhere. It's thick enough to beat someone to death with.

If they are still sorting out the gizits, I'd recommend something more sophisticated which underlined the progressive nature of their business and what they believe is the future of audio. How about a mouse mat?

You could see that coming couldn't you.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
So, i was browsing the show site trying to work out when tickets go on sale, then discovered theyre only available on't door (aye, rookie mistake).

So, a question that will make me look even more rookie-ish (is that a word?): i know its a minority interest and all, but will there be plenty of tickets to go around, or will those who are'nt really really early be dissapointed...?

...you're going to tell me to direct my query to the relevant site, are'nt you...?

"Evolve, do'nt rev...", ah, nevermind...

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Andrew Everard:Well yes, we are, simply because we as a company don't organise the show, so have no say over ticketing.

Yep fair enough, i realised that at the end of my post lol! thanks anyway.

A

Anonymous

al7478:ll, but will there be plenty of tickets to go around, or will those who are'nt really really early be dissapointed...? ......

I have visited the show nearly everyear, and have been one of the saddos queuing to get in, and I have never heard of anyone turned away.

It's a big place but does get too crowded, especially in the small rooms.

I recommend the Friday if possible.

You won't be able to move for all the women that go to these shows.

Most that are, just that most seem to be dragged around by their partners.

It's a homo erotic geek fest, wear the badge with pride!!

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:Only a few weeks to go now - what are you looking forward to seeing or hearing?

Well I hope someone can demonstrate the improvement in video and audio through different HDMI cables.

Well you did ask!

Oh, and the secound comming......there is more chance of the latter
emotion-5.gif

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Well at Excel, Clearer Audio did have a go at proving power cables. However, if they did make a difference, it was too noisy a venue to hear it!

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:Nothing like going in with an open mind, matt41.

Nope, nothing like it. Andrew.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
matt41:

al7478:ll, but will there be plenty of tickets to go around, or will those who are'nt really really early be dissapointed...? ......

I have visited the show nearly everyear, and have been one of the saddos queuing to get in, and I have never heard of anyone turned away.

It's a big place but does get too crowded, especially in the small rooms.

I recommend the Friday if possible.

You won't be able to move for all the women that go to these shows.

Most that are, just that most seem to be dragged around by their partners.

It's a homo erotic geek fest, wear the badge with pride!!

Cheers! Is it always at the same venue? Keep meaning to contact the organisers and the hotel, and will need to sort out accommodation, hoping i can get something near to the venue - walking distance hopefully.

anyway im just waffling, ignore me.

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:

matt41:Nope, nothing like it. Andrew.

You see, close your eyes and wish hard enough, and any thread can become a cable thread...

'You see, Close your eyes ' and review a cable for video quality, now I know where your going wrong Andrew! You can see with your eyes closed!!!

Its the second comming The latter was possible after all.

What a day.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts