Sorry about the poor picture quality

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
but the camera on the iPhone isn't its strongest point. Will take some with the Pentax over the next few days.

Finally got the new Podium rack and installed the speaker switch and Kimber for the kitchen speakers. WOW, how smooth does this sound now, for mellow music it really is something else, perhaps not the right choice for Bonkers but heh!

Chebby, you'd hate it, just dreamy.

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Can I suggest something? I apologise if I'm suggesting the obvious, or if you've tried it already - I know they may seem a little close together, but I would've thought your speakers would sound better inside the two racks, next to the chimney breast - don't you get a lot of treble reflection of the side walls?

Nice rack by the way.....

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi:
Can I suggest something? I apologise if I'm suggesting the obvious, or if you've tried it already - I know they may seem a little close together, but I would've thought your speakers would sound better inside the two racks, next to the chimney breast - don't you get a lot of treble reflection of the side walls?

I'm not allowed to have them there. I have tried it though, and with the speakers further into the room with no cabinet.

Funnily enough the soundstage sounds way better where they are as I'm only about 3m back from the centre point (small room). It works very well, and of course I would kick up a stink if I wasn't happy.

As far as the rack is concerned, this is my 2nd hifiracks rack. Bradley is a top bloke, but I wouldn't have bought another if it hadn't been superb sonically. All I can say is great service, great product, great build, great bespokeness, support the small, talented business with all your heart. I had a problem with the first one he made as it was damaged in transit. He remade me one from scratch and delivered it personally, even brought his little boy with him. It doesn't get any better than that, I can't compliment the guy enough and I'm well chuffed at the success he's having now.

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
Looks neat Joel, very smart. What are the speakers in the kitchen? I have a pair of JPW Sonatas on wall brackets in my bedroom but not so high up as yours. They are a sealed box design so don't seem to mind being on the brackets.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
ProAc Tablette Reference 8 Signatures. Very nice speakers. Some say they lack a little bass, which they do, but they are incredibly musical, just make you want to dance, more so than the Kudos in fact. Perfect for me as the kitchen/outside is the entertaining space, the living room is the mellow place. Best of both worlds.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
JoelSim:FrankHarveyHiFi:

I'm not allowed to have them there. I have tried it though, and with the speakers further into the room with no cabinet.

Funnily enough the soundstage sounds way better where they are as I'm only about 3m back from the centre point (small room). It works very well, and of course I would kick up a stink if I wasn't happy.

As far as the rack is concerned, this is my 2nd hifiracks rack. Bradley is a top bloke, but I wouldn't have bought another if it hadn't been superb sonically. All I can say is great service, great product, great build, great bespokeness, support the small, talented business with all your heart. I had a problem with the first one he made as it was damaged in transit. He remade me one from scratch and delivered it personally, even brought his little boy with him. It doesn't get any better than that, I can't compliment the guy enough and I'm well chuffed at the success he's having now.

That's quite funny Joel as when mine was delivered, the delivery guys banged mine up the stairs to my house. Once I opened it, I noticed a couple of scratches on the rack. One call to Bradley and he was driving down from his home (2 hour drive!) with his boy in tow. He spent a good hour or so French polishing the rack back to perfection. Top man!

A

Anonymous

Nice looking system, and Bradley sounds like a great bloke. All the best to him.

A

Anonymous

hi joel what size legs are they on your rack? im just about to order the same rack but im not to sure wich size to go for yet also is that oak or cherry? thanks mate! nice system by the way!

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
audio analogue maestro settanta. it sounds like it will be so pretty.
emotion-10.gif

just kidding, my girlfriend is listening to take that and i felt like lashing out.

i like the room though, looks like it has a nice feel. or maybe that's the "cozy" picture quality.
emotion-1.gif

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
jaxwired:
Joel, awesome equipment. And the rack is a real beauty!

I'm wondering if you should try to get those Kudos out from the walls a bit...

Tried it and didn't like the sound anywhere near as much.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts