Sony Walkman with Tidal

Hamiltonblue

Jul 3, 2021
Visit site
Hello
I have a Sony Hi-Res Walkman and want to download FLAC files from Tidal for off-line listening.
A couple of items are being experienced.
1. Windows 10 cannot be certified for off-line use and has no album download option.
2. I have an Ipad Pro that can be certified and download.
3. From what I've read so far the Tidal files may not work on the walkman.

Q. Is there a way to download files from Tidal and transfer to the Walkman?

Thank You,
Jim

Hello
I have a Sony Hi-Res Walkman and want to download FLAC files from Tidal for off-line listening.
1. Windows 10 cannot be certified for off-line use and has no album download option.

Thank You,
Jim
which Walkman? Does it have add-on storage via a mico SD card?

Hamiltonblue

Jul 3, 2021
Visit site
I am also able to use a powered USB hub and get the walkman to show up as a drive on the Ipad. When I download an album though I don't see an option for selecting the download location.

I am also able to use a powered USB hub and get the walkman to show up as a drive on the Ipad. When I download an album though I don't see an option for selecting the download location.
surely then download to something that will let you copy the download onto a microSD card. I know it's a pain to do it this way but until someone else comes along to assist I am not sure how else you can do this.
You do say the Walkman shows up as a drive so cannot you drag the flac file into it and place it in the correct directory?
Why do you think the Tidal files will not work on the Walkman? They are simply FLAC files aren't they?

Last edited:

Hamiltonblue

Jul 3, 2021
Visit site
It looks like the Tidal app saves offline content to a hidden directory. I haven't figured out how to view them.
Surprised that the app doesn't allow you to choose the download location.

D

Deleted member 160668

Hello

Thank You,
Jim
Whilst I am not familiar in the slightest with this Sony Walkman the answer to me seems glaringly obvious... Of course you cannot download FLAC files from Tidal onto another device/platform. If you could everyone would buy Tidal (or insert favourite streaming platform here) then cancel the subscription and they'd all be out of business in 5 minutes.
You can download files for offline use inside of the Tidal app, which maybe your Walkman can directly run?? If not, I'd wager you have no chance of doing this.
Happy to be corrected by someone who is more familiar with your device than I am.

Whilst I am not familiar in the slightest with this Sony Walkman the answer to me seems glaringly obvious... Of course you cannot download FLAC files from Tidal onto another device/platform. If you could everyone would buy Tidal (or insert favourite streaming platform here) then cancel the subscription and they'd all be out of business in 5 minutes.
You can download files for offline use inside of the Tidal app, which maybe your Walkman can directly run?? If not, I'd wager you have no chance of doing this.
Happy to be corrected by someone who is more familiar with your device than I am.
If that Walkman, and it is an expensive one, is anything like my Onkyo it will have the Tidal app and perhaps a few others pre-installed. I don't stream but if you can download stuff for offline use them the OP should be able to do this directly via the Walkman itself.
However, looking at the Sony website, you can ignore what I said because that Walkman doesn't appear to have Wifi ability, doh!
Tidal, therefore, appears to be a non-starter if this is the case.
As I said previously my Onkyo is on a well known auction site..... :)
good point about the cross platform fla c files, as I said I don't stream but can download directly onto my Onkyo.

Last edited:

Hamiltonblue

Jul 3, 2021
Visit site
Thank You for the feedback
Shortly after posting the Uh Duh lightbulb went off in my head regarding the ability to save the music.
They'd be out of business in a week.
The fact that the unit does not have wifi is the main problem preventing listening off line. I returned it and picked up a Dragonfly Cobalt for now. Works like a charm until I research some more.
Jim

Amara97

Aug 28, 2023
Visit site
You can try to use a third-party tool like AudBite Tidal Music Converter to download Tidal music on your computer first. Then use a USB cable to make a connection between the Walkman and your computer. After the connection is finished, you can move the downloaded music to your Walkman.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts