SONY STR-DN1040

Mainiac

Mar 10, 2008
Visit site
If I buy this from the US what if any problems will I encounter? I'm thinking along the lines of any connectivity issues with Wi-fi, cabling, ntsc v pal, something like that.

Hopefully there won't be any issues but I'd rather know now if anyone can come up with anything, apart from the need for a US to UK plug adaptor.

Cheers

naughty573

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
why would you want the US version if you are in the UK? .... the only advantage i can see is the inclusion of bluetooth

the thing is wi-fi is wi-fi wherever you are and so is cabling - and you wont have issues between Pal and NTSC because nowadays most components will recognize both and work at the corresponding refresh rates but what you will have problems wiht is that the US models will be working at 110 volts and im not sure what voltage (AC) the UK works at but im assuming its 220/240 volts since we seem to be getting the same as the UK version here in south Africa

a buddy of mine bought a reciever from the US and he had to get a step up transformer to to make it work ..... this obviously depends if they dont have some kind of internal switch to allow the voltage and frequency cycle changes from 60hz down to 50hz

i dont think that the exercise is worth the effort and since the UK does have a perfectly working model why not just buy one in the UK which i think would be the most sensible thing to do ...... unless you cannot live without blutooth BUT imho the STR-DN1040 has so many alternative connectivity methods you could use an alternative method with an alternative source to do the same thing you originally intended to do

Mainiac

Mar 10, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the info naughty, the US version was for the Bluetooth function and also the cost, even with shipping it was less that the UK price.

I'm still undecided whether to get the US version, but what you a say regarding the voltage and possibly needing a tranformer might sway me. I was a thinking it would just be a case of getting a US to UK plug adaptor and I'm up n running(maybe not that easy though).

Cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts