Sony str-dn1040 front equaliser also affects subwoofer?

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Since I got the av receiver and messed with settings I seen the equaliser was for individual speakers in this case front and centre. I equalised the fronts to +10db bass at the beginning and had it ever since. Once I got my sub I wanted to see what the bass was like not using it again today so changed the crossover from 80hz to 40hz and messed with the equaliser. I gently put my finger on the woofer to see how much difference the +10db makes it move. I then did the same for the win out of curiosity and the bass changed too it was little to no movement at -10db so the "front" being equaliser also affects the sub which I didn't know.. So effectively sometimes I was running my sub 30-32db "hot". As +10 front +10 for the sub and sometimes upto +12db while streaming music on the deezer app. You learn something every day!

mov

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Also would it cause damage having it equalised so much from various sources all at once to get a better bass at more quiet volumes compared to no EQ or only from one source but turning up the volume on the av receiver? This would increase the volume of every sound though..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts