Sony STR-DH810 Speakers Recommendation

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All,

After weeks of reseaching my first home cinema setup I have decided my max budget should be £700. This is because of my 2 year old who wants to pull every wire and av component in his view. So i dont want anything expensive until a few years down the line. I am looking at the 3D Sony STR-DH810 receiver (£250) + 3D Sony BDP-S570 bluray player (£145). That leaves about £300 for speakers.

WhatHifi have recommended the Q Acoustics 2000 5.1 (£500) with this receiver. However slightly over my budget but moreso my wife would not be too happy with such big speakers. So what speakers do people recommend with this receiver apart from the Q Acoustics. I am assuming i should be looking at style speaker packages vs traditional to get the wifes approval. The most important factor is the centre speaker should be clear. I dont think i will get the rear speakers in the best position to fully utilise them as my lounge has been arranged to be child friendly. So front, centre, sub are most important. I believe the STR-DH810 has 110w per channel.

thanks

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
If you're looking at style packages, they don't come much more Wife friendly than the Boston Acoustics Soundware.

Head on over to the reviews section for further details.

A

Anonymous

id recommend looking at a set before you buy as to me they are very cheap looking

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
pioneere:id recommend looking at a set before you buy as to me they are very cheap looking

They don't do a lot for me aesthetically either I'm afraid.

IMO from the point of view of looks something like Kef would win hands down.

A

Anonymous

Ok Boston Acoustics are £300.00 and KEF KHT1005.2 are £399. Would you say the KEF's 1005.2 are a good combo then for the Sony receiver? Also are there any other speakers out there you would recommend over these KEF's ie. Tannoy, Jamo's etc. and which still are small as the KEF's and less than £400? I think £400 is the max i will stretch to for my budget for the speakers.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
The Bostons are the best buy up to £500. AFAIK, the Kef 1000 series have never really set the A/V world alight.

You could perhaps try to find used deals on the Kef 2005 series.

A

Anonymous

I found a KEF 2005.3 K2 5.1 package for £550. Decided to buy this and now just need to buy the receiver and bluray player.

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Glad youv'e decided to up your budget a great package and a good price, as for amps are you still going for the Sony. I would definitely audition your speakers with as many amps as poss in your price range, Sony, Yamaha, Onkyo, Pioneer and Denon all have great budget amps, but i feel spending that little bit more will get the best out of them. Buget blu-ray player is an obvious choice the Sony S-370 can't be touched at £100, as for speaker cable i wouldn't spend more tham £5 a metre on the fronts and £2 on the rears.Bet you can't wait to get set before Xmas enjoy.

A

Anonymous

Yeah i cant wait. Only thing is the mrs doesnt know i am buying all this equipment. Fortunately she doesnt know much about how much speakers and amps cost and she alreasy said she would get me the bluray player bdp-s570 for my birthday. In fact all my equipment is hidden in a cupboard so maybe she never needs to know about it! Just the speakers she will obviously spot.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts