Sony STR-DG910 and new models

daveamiller

Dec 22, 2007
Visit site
Does WHFSV or anyone else know what Sony are thinking by discontinuing their current DG models, 910 etc, months in advance of the new 820/920 models being available? I was just about to purchase the 910 when word started coming in that they have been discontinued by Sony and are becoming difficult to source (in black anyway) Checking in with a local Sony center they have dates for the new 520/820 models (May/June) but no information on the 920 at all (although he did advise he would investigate and come back to me) Seems Sony have left themselves with a bit of a hole in their product supply chain (for those of us in the market in this price range) unless I'm mistaken?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
All we know is that Sony has shown some new receivers at its trade show in the States - see here for our news story from a few weeks back. We've had no information about them from Sony Europe or Sony UK.

daveamiller

Dec 22, 2007
Visit site
So it's likely that the dates I was given for the 520/820 are US dates and the UK could be even longer?

Bah .. that's a poor show, I don't really want to jump ship to Onkyo but may find my impatience will get the better of me .. unless I can track down one of the elusive 910's in the meantime ..

Thanks anyway Andrew

A

Anonymous

The black model is indeed very rare to find. After long searches I've finally ordered mine yesterday from komplett.co.uk. Pixmania also seem to have it stock.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
As for [quote user="daveamiller"]Does WHFSV or anyone else know what Sony are thinking [/quote]

emotion-43.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts