Sony Str-DG910 vs Sony Str-da2400es

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hey guys,

I'm able to buy a used Sony Str-da2400es for 350 euro. I already have a Sony str-dg910 but I was wondering if the 2400es has better sound and options vs the 910. I'm quit happy with the 910, but given the fact that the 2400es is very cheap with still a few months warranty... I'm not sure what to do. I'm already at the maximum of my hdmi inputs on my current receiver, so that would be a plus with the 2400es, but soundwise... would it be an ok upgrade?

Thanks in advance

A

Anonymous

I'd imagine that sonically the 2400es would not be any worse than your current AV receiver. Richersounds in the UK had them for about £300 inc 5 year warranty a few month back

markyd

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
£250 actually. I bought one at that price. Bargain - dont know about a second hand one for 350euros though. I would have thought you could do better...

I would have thought the sound to be of a similar level to your 910.

Build quality is definitely better. But it is not a feature laden amplifier - quite basic actually. In a good way though. GUI is clunky.

If I were you I would wait and get something more current - I was upgrading from a 10 year old amp.

A

Anonymous

Superior as in better sound quality or superior as in better build quality, more connections and such?

Maybe I better stay with the 910 and upgrade my speakers, as they are older sony ss v225 speakers ( spent only 250 euro ~ 200 £ on them about 9 years ago ) ? Can't upgrade both for the moment, wife would not aprreciate ;-)

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
be004837:
Superior as in better sound quality or superior as in better build quality, more connections and such?

Maybe I better stay with the 910 and upgrade my speakers, as they are older sony ss v225 speakers ( spent only 250 euro ~ 200 £ on them about 9 years ago ) ? Can't upgrade both for the moment, wife would not aprreciate ;-)

Superior in both sound and build quality. Better components too, besides the fact that it is from the ES range.

A

Anonymous

Right, ordered me the Kef KHT2005.3 speakerset, but I'm still looking at the 2400es receiver, because the 910 does not decode the hd sound codecs. Is it that big of a difference between dts and hd-dts?

Too bad richersounds does not ship abroad as the 2400es is only 250 £.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts