Sony STR-DG820 + Sky HD problems

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've recently purchased a STR-DG820 and it works wonderfully except for one small problem when watching Sky HD.

I'm going through the HDMI from the Sky Box into the Amp, and then through the TV out HDMI port into my TV.

Whenever I change channel on Sky, the channel changes, the audio starts and then 2 seconds in the screen briefly corrupts into a green screen and then flicks back to normal. Its quite annoying, and I can't find anyway to stop it happening!

If I connect the Sky Box straight to my TV through HDMI this doesn't happen.

Anyone have any ideas on the any settings I might need to change to stop this happening?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
It's probably the HDMI output setting on the Sky box, have you got it set to Auto?

Arguably there's no point connecting the SkyHD HDMI to the amp anyway, as in order to get surround sound you need to connect the optical digital to amp instead, Sky's HDMI only carries stereo sound, so you'll never get Dolby Digital from any program or film, for example.

A

Anonymous

The HDMI setting on the Sky Box is set to 720p.

Currently I do have the HDMI + optical cable plugged into my amp. However my TV has only 1 HDMI port so I can't plug the Sky seperately in.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts