sony str de 475 problem

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi there,

i have a sony strde475 amp and a sony dvp ns30 dvd player.i bought a coaxial lead as the dvd player has no optical out.icannot get dolby 5.1 to work and the blue light come on,it just says pcm48 and on the afd button it auto puts it on 2 speaker mode!

i even selected dts on a dvd and again it put it on 2 speakers,blue light didnt light up...pcm48.

its really frustrating as i had it working a while ago,just cannot understand what im doing differently.any help is appretiated.

lee,

Andy TW

Jul 13, 2007
Visit site
The pcm48 message suggests that the DVD player's digital output isn't correctly set up and that it is sending a stereo signal to your amp over the coaxial connection.

In the DVD player's set up menu check that the digital output is on and that it is set to Dolby Digital (not PCM).
If you want to listen to DTS then turn this on in the menu as well (it is off by default on all the Sony DVD players I have owned).

If this doesn't help all I can suggest is check the default audio input settings on your amp.

A

Anonymous

I have had several str- receivers in my time, and a few dvd players too, and the only fault ive found on these amps is the centre channle being intermittant. I beleive that, as Andy says, the DTS output can be turned off on some dvd players. If your player has a built in decoder, this may almost certainly be the case. Although I do know my Sony DVD recorder can output whatever it likes.

A

Anonymous

I just remembered, I had that exact amp once upon a time, and I dont recall being able to change any settings on the decoding. I would assume the problem lies at the DVD player.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts