Sony DN1080 ARC/CEC problem

samacollins

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I've just bought a new Sony STR-DN1080 to go with my LG OLED B6. With my previous Denon 3313, I had HDMI control working for power on/off, volume control and source switching no problem. It also provided ARC for netflix etc. Now with the DN1080 I'm getting none of that - i've checked the plugs are in the ARC sockets and endlessly switched HDMI control on/off on TV and receiver but to no avail.

I notice that in the setup menu I'm only given the option of choosing OPT as the audio source for the TV selection. Should there be an ARC choice somewhere?

Is this an issue with the new unit or do these 2 just not play nice together.

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
There is a thread in this av receivers page by paulx101. Very similar to yours. Please go through that, and bigboss's link there. I would have pasted the link if I could. I unfortunately am on a smart phone right now. All the best

samacollins

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I had seen that thread but it didn't help.

As an update, I have now found the problem is with Sky Q. ARC and CEC work fine when the sky q box is not plugged in to the receiver - the second I plug in the sky q box the ARC sound cuts out. I have now installed a CEC blocker on the sky q input to the av receiver but I would prefer to have automatic switching between sources.

As an aside, it would be great if the receiver would start up on the same input (sky) each time since the CEC is blocked on this input but I can't see this option anywhere on the setup menus.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts