Sony STR-DA1200ES......Problem

james67

Aug 19, 2007
Visit site
I've had this amp for approx 16 months and its been ok until yesterday.
I recently bought a Panasonic DMREZ27 DVD recorder and set it up yesterday as i'd bought a Panasonic TX32LMD70.

I'd used the amp with a DVD player connected to a CRT with scart and to the amp via a coax cable .

The panny DVD recorder is connected to TV with scart and to the amp via a optical into video 1 , theres no sound from the amp and no indication its recieving a signal either , checked the dvd and thats sending a signal as both lead and output are lit.

To cut a long story short and after asking richer sounds they suggested ringing their help line , one of the things i had to check was the input mode button on the front of the amp which shows , coax , analouge and auto according to the person on the phone it should also show optical?.

After going through several other options the last thing he suggested was to connect the optical cable to the front and then see if it worked on video 3 , which it did he suggested if it did work to ring sony uk , if it didn't work ring richer sounds.

Anyone know if this is a common fault/esign fault etc?.

I'm basically resigned to having to fork out for another amp , but can' really afford that at the minute having bought the LCD yesterday.
I'm assuming that sony will just say out of warranty sorry etc.

Any thoughts?

James

*Edit*

The amp switched itself off last night when watching a DVD , never dome that before.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I have the same receiver and fingers crossed, have never had a problem with it. I've never used scart with it though and I think this might be the problem. I think you need to assign an audio input to a video input and as you are running the scart directly from the screen to the recorder, the receiver obviously doesn't see it. However, the turning off bit has puzzled me! Try running component from recorder to receiver and from LCD to receiver. You will then be able to assign your coaxial to the component input.

A

Anonymous

Hi i used to have this amp never had mine switching off although i sometimes found it wouldn't come on with the remote and had to be manually turned on so to speak ! You can assign the sound to a video input from if i remember rightly an analogue/digital or auto setting. This is what i used to do with my ps2 being on video 1 with a digital setting, while the scart was directly to the tv, alternatively you may just possibly have a dead port perhaps sorry i couldn't be much more help mate.

james67

Aug 19, 2007
Visit site
Just sorted it and it was something obvious , somehow managed to miss video 1 somewhere along the line!

But thanks for the replies anyway.

James

TRENDING THREADS