Sony motion flow....could you live without it?

kusum65

Aug 8, 2007
Visit site
Im looking at the good deals on LCDs at the Sony centres and im wondering how important the 100hz facility is on some models.

I dont have it on my 5 year old Philips and ive never been aware of motion smear.

However, i saw a display tv in a shop window last night which was showing motion judder and it looked horrible.

For those who have motion flow options , how important would you say it is in relation to your general viewing pleasure.

I dont really watch any sport and i dont watch a lot of action movies but i do have a playstation.

D

Deleted member 2457

Hi

The 200hz looked alot better to me than the 100hz on the bigger tvs, particually with the LED tvs.

D

Deleted member 2457

kusum65:Can i ask was it blu ray movie you saw or was it a tv broadcast?

Both

I think it depends on individual preference. A lot of people prefer setting the motion flow to 'off' so that any artificial processing is eliminated. Check for yourself what you prefer by a side by side comparison in a shop.

kusum65

Aug 8, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for your help. I did compare the 100hz 503 and the 50hz 403 models in the shop . The hd channels looked great on both channels but i didnt get a chance to compare blu ray film. I did see some difference but very similar. I will go tonight and request a blu ray demo.

I also saw the 401 model and that looked inferior to my eyes.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts