Sony KDL40W4500 advice

Mickgw

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
Just got one and the much discussed clouding issue seems apparent, i've adjusted the backlight to 2, but in dark scenes there are noticable white clouds.

Not happy going to ring the supplier up and send it back.

What causes this problem?

nws56

Oct 4, 2008
Visit site
The makers aren't saying what , Mick . Some guy in the States has posited the theory that the screen is being 'pinched' or stressed as it is made to mate with the frame and chassis . And that's the only explanation I've come across.

But don't be too hasty to send it back .... my 52W4000 showed torchlights in the corners as well as clouding for the first few days - and then simply disappeared ! Maybe the stresses induced at manufacture / transportation are slowly released over time and use .

A

Anonymous

Theres a light diffuseing panel behind the LCD! Not to sure whether its a poor panel used or a poor fitting of the panel

Mickgw

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the response guys, i'll see if it will go after a few days, anyone else got one of these sets and noticed an problems? and if so do it go after a while.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

I have this set, with the same problem, I took the first set back because the problem was unbareable.

This set has it too, but just in top corners, with backlight down to 0 it's not too bad......But i have noticed with my Playstation3 (via new QED HDMI) this problem doesn't happen, but happens with SKY HD with older QED Qunex.....Thinking maybe a connection problem? HDMI 1.3? will be swapping leads to see what happens

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts