Sony kdl40S5500 EPG Problem

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, If anybody else has this TV could they check the following for me, When watching BBC1 all the EPG info relating to ITV type channels is missing says "no event information" when I switch to ITV then the info appears but the BBC info disappears, spoke to Sony they told me to leave on standby overnight, didnt work.... Retuned the TV no difference. so wondered if this was a fault with the software running the EPG on this model. when the EPG is working on say BBC it does not store more than 2/3 days .cheers

A

Anonymous

hi ...

iv just check mine and every thing is there working ok ........

have you done the update ...(rescan for the channels) ......i dont watch freeview .....(sky)...

but i know there was an update to do...with the freeview channels......

kidy

A

Anonymous

Thanks for looking, only had the tv 4 days so yes the update taken into account, just been into our local J.L. and they only had a KDL37S5500 on display and this exhibited the same problem, however we are both of the same transmitter from the isle of wight, wonder if it could be a regional transmitter problem?

A

Anonymous

I dont know if this of any significance but I have a Sony DVD/HDD recorder (HXD560) which is about 4 or 5 years old and just recently the EPG has started coming up with "no event information" on some of the channels , this has just started happened just recently.... BEFORE i retuned and AFTER I retuned the DVD/HD recorder .Also some times when you set a program for recording , it CLEARS the actual program you have selected for recording .

If you watch the EPG the channels showing "no event information" they will then be updated with program data slowly & Its almost as if there`s an interference with the actual signal being transmitted...even though there is a full signal strength and quality .(signal from the Emley Moor transmitter i think) I have no problems with the TV though (SONY KDL40W4000)

Hope this of some use

Rgds Jotaboy

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your input jotaboy, yes my EPG slowly updates with info as well, have pinned it down to ch34 from the Rowridge transmitter which transmits,BBC1,BBC2,BBC3,CBBC,BBC news and BBC Red Button. when the EPG is on any other channel apart from these, then the info for these 6 channels dissappears immediately and will not populate no matter how long i leave it. switching back to any of these six channels and it populates with info immediately....have tried a LG tv and the EPG works fine, so guess it is something with the tele????

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts