Sony KDL 40W4500 - help required!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Can anyone help me?

I've just taken delivery of the Sony 40W4500 & the Sony BluRay BDP S350 & have connected them with a good HDMI (QED).

However I'm really disappointed with the picture quality when playing my new Lost 4 BluRay discs - particular in dark scenes when lines are visible.

Any suggestions out there??

Jon

A

Anonymous

JonBack:

However I'm really disappointed with the picture quality when playing my new Lost 4 BluRay discs - particular in dark scenes when lines are visible.

Can you explain exactly what you are seeing?

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
WHF have mentioned that fresh from delivery a lot of TVs have their pictures set-up really badly. You should have a play with the settings this will help tone things down. (last issue had a TV special, and it contained the process for tweaking the picture using a THX Optimiser disc.)

A

Anonymous

All,

Thanks very much for the help....

I've adjusted my picture (thanks to WHF & Nemo!) & it is markedly better - far more natural.

BUT (bad grammar I know) some of the scenes on my Lost 4 BluRay discs are just unacceptable!

Daylight pictures, land & sea scapes are remarkable, but some low-light scenes are dreadful. The black backgrounds are grainy (I can see grainy horizontal lines) & grey. So poor are some scenes that the picture resembles a night-time goggles effect (I'm exagerating just a little).

I don't think it's my set up - for example in dialogue scenes the picture can change from good to poor & back again as it swaps from person to person, & it's not an isolated poor disc - all of them are the same.

I can't believe that this is only happening to me.....

Any other suggestions? Please!

Has anyone got the Lost 4 set so that I could perhaps swap opinions on a couple of referenced scenes?

Jon

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts