Sony Dav-IS10 WiFi

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
The Dav-IS10 has a WiFi accessory that plugs into the Digital Media port.

Does any one know if this is just for Audio or can it be used to stream video through the unit to the TV?

Thanks,

David.

A

Anonymous

It's called the Sony TDM-NC1 and I did have a brief look into it's abilities when I first bought my Dav-IS10. However the music it could stream off a PC was limited and would not work with a Mac. As Sony were also asking around £180 for this add on, I quickly lost interest. I intend to purchase a Logitech Squeezebox Duet to access my iTunes library and internet radio. This, at the moment, seems to be the best value WiFi method for me to utlize the amp.

As for video streaming, IMO it still seems it is in it's infancy. One of the most high profile systems, AppleTv, gets as much negative criticism as positive and is not exactly cheap. The basic 40gb on board storage would mean me having to keep my Mac powered up (I have over 160gb of stored music/video) and Apple do not provide for an external drive.

Having said that, I do stream tv from a freeview box (Sony D800U) in the living room to my son's bedroom using a pair of Philex SLX plugs. They work but at around £40 you get what you pay for.

Other makes include D-link Netgear and Zyxel. If anyone out there has a video streaming system that works, I would love to know about it.

TRENDING THREADS