SONY DAV-IS10 or LG HT902TB?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I would really appreciate your opinion. I'm going for the panasonic TH42PZ70 plasma TV. I would like to buy a surround system but am on a limited budget. Following your suggestions on the latest magazine issue, I thought of going for SONY DAV-IS10 or LG HT902TB as they both received 5 stars and are both in my budget range? Which one would you suggest since you gave a 5 star to both? This will be my first ever surround system so don't have much experience with it. Unfortunately I don't have a designated room for my home cinema system. The system will occupy the lounge (18'6" X 13' 8") which is part of a Lounge-Dinning room (29'9" x 23' 8"). Do you think it will still be effective? Your opinion is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Edgar

A

Anonymous

The LG is half the price of the Sony so a direct comparison may not be fair. I have the Dav-is10 and it is superb but I'd advise you check out the dav-is10 posts over the last month before drawing any conclusions. You may find your room size could become an issue.

A £500 - £600 budget does also open up the possibility of AV separates.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your opinion.

Would you expect my room size to be a problem?

Edgar

A

Anonymous

[quote user="david1997"]A £500 - £600 budget does also open up the possibility of AV separates[/quote]

What separates would you suggest? I saw the good reviews for the Onkyo systems, but all decent speakers pushed the price out of my budget range, and will probably still need a good DVD player.

A

Anonymous

Tnx guys for the info,

but I really need a few answers before I commit myself (just managed to get hold of the 42PZ70 thanks to u guys and your guidance, so I'm hoping to be all sorted by next week):

1) Do you think the the DAVIS10 will be ok for my room size (see previous entry)?

2) Will I be able to attach my laptop to the DAVIS10?

Your opinion will be greatly appreciated.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="gemboy186"]Will I be able to attach my laptop to the DAVIS10?[/quote][quote user="gemboy186"]

There is no USB port and the component video out would be of limited use since I take it that you want to import music from your laptop?

Do you think the the DAVIS10 will be ok for my room size [/quote]

My room is 7.5m x 4.5m and my viewing/listening area is approx 4m x 4.5m. With the volume set at 60+ this little system really starts to come alive. Type in 'sony silence' in the search engine at the top of the page. I don't think your room size will be an issue, but that's not to say it will work for you. Any chance of a home demo?

A

Anonymous

Sorry about the quote mess above!! You get the drift.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="david1997"]There is no USB port and the component video out would be of limited use since I take it that you want to import music from your laptop?[/quote]

I actually want to attach my laptop to the surround to watch avi files, streaming internet TV etc. That is why I want it attached to my surround system.

I did read around the forum regarding the DAV IS10 and i cannot say that I'm not worried about the issue of being too low for some ppl.

How can i get a home demo?

BTW is the DVD multi-regional?

Thanks for your help Dav

A

Anonymous

[quote user="gemboy186"] How can i get a home demo? BTW is the DVD multi-regional?[/quote]

For this sort of system (all in one) from a make like Sony, not easy I grant you. The only way is to look up all the HiFi/a.v./tv shops in your area. Narrow them down to shops that stock Sony then phone and ask.

The Dav-is10, like just about all dvd players, will be able to become region free after the majic zapper (or patch) has been applied. It will either be advertised as multi-region or you can pay (normally about a tenner) to convert it.

A

Anonymous

With an ipod dock occupying my Digital Media Port I clean forgot about Sony's little WiFi add on. Nice one David. Mind you, I dread to think how much they will fleece you for it. I got my ipod dock from the States. I would not have paid UK prices.

A

Anonymous

If Sony are going to persist with their "Digital Media Port" I'm hoping that someone will be able to produce a "DMP" to USB lead. There is a growing market out there...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts