Sony Bravia EX1 vs KDL-40W5500 vs Samsung UE 40B7020

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have been trying to track down the Sony KDL- 40W4500 but not having much luck so trying to decided between the following.

1 SonyKDL-40W5500

2.Samsung UE 40B7020

3.Sony Bravia EX1 (Only reason im considering as been offered it for £900 so worth looking into)

Have seen both sony TV sets and quality is very good indeed but does any one else have any opinions?

Will mainly be using them for Blu-Ray/Dvd as well asXBox

A

Anonymous

Just a word of warning; the EX1 only carries 1080i though it's wireless box. If you want 1080p, there is only 1 HDMI actually on the set, so if you want to stream stuff or network video you're limited to 1080i (or 780p, I think).

Personally I've not had much luck with Samsung in the reliability stakes, but maybe that's just me(probably)! The last one I had laso had clouding, but I don't think the LED ones suffer from that. However I have heared that they can look artificial, particularly with CGI stuff (I, know CGI IS artificial, but aparently it's more obvious with these what has been CG'd). But you'd have to test that out yourself with a well known (to you) Blu-Ray.

Look out for good old clouding issues on the W5500.

It's a veritible mine field out there! Good luck.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply Arepeebee,

I never knew that getting a TV would take up so much time.

Its my first proper TV as i been watching a little 17inch portable CRT which is great picture quality providing your an ant....its finally time to make the upgrade to flat screen so i want to make sure i get a TV thats gonna be fairly decent.

The Sony KDL 40W5500 is the one i was looking for but after seeing the Samsung and the EX1 at a cheap price i thought id give it a look.

I have also just started looking at the Pioneer KRL 37V, but havent yet seen the actual quality yet. The search continues

TRENDING THREADS