Sony bdp settings. Help please.

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Advice please. And I thought I understood AV! I wish my amp to decode but wonder if my settings are correct. Audio HDMI @ auto DSDoutput mode @ ON BD audio mix @ OFF DD coax/opt @ downmox PCM DTS coax/opt @ downmox PCM DTS Neo6 @ off Downmix @ stereo Cheers

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
I have the Sony BDP-S790 so not sure if the Audio Properties will be exactly the same, they look similar to the old Sony BDP-S380 i had from memory.

These are my settings & it Bitstreams to my A/V Amp.

Audio (HDMI) - Auto

DSD Output Mode - Off

BD Audio MIX Setting - Off

Dolby Digital / DTS - Bitstream

DTS Neo:6 - Off

Audio DRC - Off

Downmix - Stereo

Regards ...

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
RobinKidderminster said:
Many thanks f1. I guess we both wish the amp rather than bdp to process. A couple of settings for me to check

Hope it is some help. By the way the DSD setting is just to set the output audio mode for the HDMI when playing SACD & i cant tell you what effect this has as i do not own any SACD's.

The amp, as far as i am concerned, is built to do the processing so should be better at it.

Regards ...

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Downmix / stereo was one which puzzled me from the user manual. I think the others, where we differ, only apply to optical/digital coax and as you say the save setting. Is it only me that finds these settings confusing? Cheers again f1.

chrisup

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Hello Robin,

I have a Pansonic DMR BWT720 and when I select SOUND I am able to chose DIGITAL AUDIO OUTPUT then I can select either Bitstream or PCM for all Dolby and then all DTS. I triead both Bitstream which my Onkyo 905 decodes and PCM which my Panasonic decodes and my Onkyo says MULTI. I prefered PCM with my B&W 685 Theatre speakers.

I hope this helps someone else from Kidder. I like your photos and room treatment.

Best Wishes

Chris

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts