Connection Cantom DM 50 to bluray - DTS 7.1 no sound on BITSTREAM

RobbeDp

May 26, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

Yesterday i've installed my blurayplayer Pioneer BDP-450. I 've connected the blurayplayer with hdmi to my tv (panasonix tx-p42st60) and my Canton DM 50 with digital coax to my Pioneer.

I tested my blurayplayer with the movie The Hobbit but i have a problem with the sound from my canton. Seems that the sound on the movie is DTS 7.1. When i'm listening to the movie with DTS 7.1 i only have sound when the digital output settings of my blurayplayer are on PCM. The bad thing is that the voices that are produced seems to come from the "background". When i switch to audio 5.1 the quality of the sound is much better. (there isnt always an option on the DVD's to switch to 5.1 so this is only a solution for the watched dvd). When i put the settings of my blurayplayer on BITSTREAM i dont have any sound when the DVD is DTS 7.1 :(. Any solution? I dont wanne use PCM because this converts the multichannel into a stereo channel.

Digital Output Settings of my blurayplayer are:

Bitstream

PCM

or

Encode.

Im doing something wrong?

Thnx in advance and kind regards

Ps: sorry for my bad english :).

RobbeDp

May 26, 2015
Visit site
Would it be a solution to produce the sound from the pioneer HDMI to my TV and from my TV to the canton or would that give less quality then when i connect with digital coax from bluray to canton directly?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts