Sony BDP -S760 or Pansonic DMP - BD80 plus 7 blue rays

staggerlee

Apr 11, 2008
Visit site
Dilemma - normally i always want the best i can afford and was thinking of getting the Sony. However, have a panasonic TV and the deal with the 7 blue rays looks very competitive and one less remote. Just how much difference will there be in blue ray perfromance. Are these subtle or significant ?

A

Anonymous

In terms of picture quality, the DMP-BD80 is no different from my DMP-BD35. You would therefore be advised to go for the Sony BDP-S760, which I believe is the superior player in this case.

Unless you need analogue, there's no difference between the BD60 & BD80. So you can save money by going for the BD60. Sony S760 has the advantage of built-in wi-fi & has a faster loading time.

There won't be any difference in the picture quality of blu-ray discs. Theoretically, S760 should offer better audio performance (although I couldn't notice any difference). But if you're bitstreaming audio to a good amp, it doesn't matter.

Personally, I would go for a Sony S760 as it looks better built & has wi-fi. Although I must say that I'm very happy with my Panasonic BD60. It's a brilliant player.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts