Sony BDP-S760 or Panny DMP-BD80. Is there much difference in BD performance?

Cookie Monster

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I am a happy owner of a Panasonic DMP-BD80. However my amp is the Sony-STR1000 which would in effect aethetically match either a Sony BDP-S360 or S760 perfectly. Could use Panny elsewhere.

Does anybody have a:

Sony S360 and a Panasonic DMP-BD60

or Sony S760 and Panasonic DMP-BD80

and would be willing to give an honest account of comparitive performance. Are any worth the money over the Panny?

Thanks,

Cookie Monster

A

Anonymous

I have a bd35 and 760 comparison and to me it wasn't worth buying the sony. teach me to buy blind! keep your panasonic and save your money. The sony does look better, so if you want to spend hundreds on a player that aesthetically fits into your system then thats up to you.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I disagree - noticing the OP has a projector with a 77in screen, the differences between the two players would be more readily apparent than on your 42in screen,

However, at this stage i'd suggest postponing any upgrade until the new generation of players come in - we've got tests of two 2010 Blu-ray players in our next issue (Samsung and Panasonic), so they're not far from being on sale...

A

Anonymous

aha! Fair point well made.

I hope that 2010 sees the arrival of a profile 2 machine for 300 to 400 quid that is as good as the denon 2500. That to me would be a breakthrough!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts