sony BDP-S550 blueray player

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi i just want to know that does this player also out put dolby digital 5.1 and also DTS 5.1 from normal dvds??? as i have been on sony website and i dont know wether i have miss read it but it says it dosent. i need to buy a blue ray player for my dad who has a lot of normal dvd movies so i just wondered wether it will output normal dolby digital and dts from a dvd movie i know it outputs dolby truehd and dts for blueray movies

can some 1 clarify this for me pls

thanks

A

Anonymous

I can't imagine for one nanosecond that it doesn't, but I will check for certain.

A

Anonymous

Page 65 of the manual if you can find it online.

DVD will play : LPCM,D.Digital,DTS and MPEG in various forms from digital outputs and multi analogue connections.

So no worries
emotion-11.gif

A

Anonymous

ok thanks guys,

now i just need to decide which blue ray player to get for my dad sony 550 or panasonic 35,

i had my eyes on the sony ,but when i called richersounds to get bit more info they recommended the panasonic 35 as apprentley it has a better picture as it can handle horizontal lines better with out jagged edges! (cant afford the panasonic 55 so thats out of the question)

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
ismalj:
ok thanks guys,

now i just need to decide which blue ray player to get for my dad sony 550 or panasonic 35,

i had my eyes on the sony ,but when i called richersounds to get bit more info they recommended the panasonic 35 as apprentley it has a better picture as it can handle horizontal lines better with out jagged edges! (cant afford the panasonic 55 so thats out of the question)

They are just pushing the model that will make them the most money. The S550 is superb and looks great too - unlike the Pana.

A

Anonymous

can some 1 tell me which 1 out of the 2 blueray players i am looking at buying do a better job at upscalling normal dvds to 1080p and have overall a better picture at blueray disks pls

i will be making my decision after this

thanks

Stack

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
The Sony BDP-S550 is the better one by all the reviews. I auditioned both and got the Sony. It is a fantastic player for both picture and sound.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts