Sony BDP-S370 - upgrade to wireless n

jonomd

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Just got the above dvd player which I am happy with.

Looking to try the wireless connection to try lovefilm in particular. At present I have a wireless router b and g (free with orange). As well as a dongle do you think it is worthwhile upgrading to a wireless n connection router or will this not make much difference in reality.

Thanks

John

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
If you do a search on the 370 and streaming on this site ,you will find a few threads on this subject. As it stands it will depend on the nature of your house,and the distance between the bdp and the router (and what's in the way) but an N router will give better results.

Wired even better.(or homeplugs are also a possibility.)

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Unless your S370 is miles away from your router then a simple network cable does the job. I use a 5m Belkin cable that cost £9.99. I think the dedicated Sony wireless gizmo is about £70.

sonycentre

May 30, 2009
Visit site
Yep the UWA-BR100 is £69.99 and works with all wireless routers including n speeds.the reason for the cost is because it was co developed by cisco systems and has a built in 15 second buffer for people who do not have fast internet speed's.

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
Also temper your expectations about LoveFilm - it's very poor quality. I get 4 hours a month free so watch the odd thing but mainly if it's something I've seen before and there's nothing on telly.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts