Sony BDP-S370 to PS3 LAN Connection??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Apologies if this has been asked before and if it seems a stupid question.....

Shortly I`m about to purchase a Sony BDP 370 Bluray player and was wondering .... rather than buying the seventy quid Sony dongle to allow a wireless Net connection , would it be possible to connect a LAN cable from a PS3 to the BDP370 player and receive a an internet connection , as at the moment I receive a signal wirelessly from a router upstairs in my sons bedroom to the PS3...

I suppose another alternative is to run a LAN cable from my sons router from his bedroom straight to the BDP370 but I prefer not trail a cable through the house....

Thanks in advance for any advice...

Jotaboy

kjelly

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
Hi ...

Sounds unlikley.
The PS3 would either need to administer an IP address so it can be identified on your network...or...it would need to have peer to peer functionality, which I also do not think it has.
Either way, if you want to try then you need to use a crossover CAT5/RJ45 cable instead of a normal network cable. This should be easy to buy, or if you know someone with a crimping tool you can make it yourself with the help of a google search for instructions.
The PS3 can act as a print server on a network, but it does this via the USB port and it isnt the same as what you are trying to acheive.

Happy to be proven wrong, but I don't think your scheme will work ...

Kev

TRENDING THREADS