Sony BDP-S370 Sound Drop outs

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

I also still have (random) drop-outs when playing files from a hard-drive (mkv's and avi's). I have the latest firmware too.

OK Sony, you're not doing a great ob with this... Shame on you for not being able to get this under control!!!! I hope that What HiFi can address this in a future issue of the magazine, and warn people about these defects in their hard/software. This is really rediculous, and unacceptable!

A

Anonymous

Hi, I'm also new to the forum,

And was somewhat glad to hear that this problem was not happening to me only. But unfortunately, the sound drop off continues to occur even though I applied the latest firmware update to M03.R.742 released mid-Febrary 2011. I tried it with Pixar's Cars BD. Probably not 5 minutes went by when the sound dropped out. It also happened with the Spiderman 2 BD discarding the possibility that the disc is faulty.

Wha'ts curious is that this started happening lately, even though I had no trouble for the last two months.

My current setup is:

BDP-370 connected to an Onkyo receiver HT-S3305 that goes to a 40" Sony Bravia KDL-40V4100.

Does anyone still have that problem even when applying the latest firmware? If you have any tips, please let me know. I know the sound dropout only lasts a second, but it occurs throughout the whole movie and it becomes very frustrating. Thanks!

A

Anonymous

Hi, I'm also new to the forum,

And was somewhat relieved to hear that the problem is not only happening to me. Unfortunately, the problem continues to occur even though I applied the latest firmware update to M03.R.742 released mid-February 2011. I tried it with Pixar's Cars BD. Probably not 5 minutes went by when the sound drop off appeared. I then tried it with the Spiderman 2 BD, discarding the possibility that the disc is faulty.

My current setup is the BDP-S370 Blu ray player hooked to an Onkyo receiver HT-S3305 connected to a 40" Sony Bravia KDL-40V4100 flat LCD screen.

Does anyone still have this problem even when applying the firmware update? Does anyone have any tips so the sound glitch stops happening? I know it only occurs for a second, but it's throughout the whole movie and it becomes very annoying.

Thanks!

Javier

cinemafan

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
Hi - my S370 has had sound blips since I got it in December. I didn't know it was such a big issue but have to say i am disappointed.

Are Sony offering refunds or hasn't it got to that stage yet? I would much rather have a better player further up in the range than put up with this mallarky.

Are Sony going to come on this forum and explain the situation? That's at least they can do. I want to claim on my warranty for this. Can I?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts