Sony bdp 350 v Panasonic dmp35

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am thinking of buying a standalone blu ray player. I have found the Sony bdp 350 online for £150 and the the Panasonic Dmp35 for £200. I know both players have had great reviews from the What Hifi team with the Panasonic geeting special praise. Basically is the the Panasonic worth the extra £50.

kinda

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Hello,

I don't think there's that much in it, but the Panasonic will decode DTS-MA to LPCM over HDMI, which the Sony won't.

That means it can mix audio commentaries and stuff with the the DTS-MA audio, and if your amp doesn't decode DTS-MA, but accepts LPCM, then you'll only be able to get DTS-MA with the Panasonic.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Yes, that's about it - plus a slight sound and vision superiority in general for the Panasonic. The two players were £50 apart when we first tested them (£300 and £250 original price - how things have changed!), but we felt the Panasonic warranted the extra.

However, the Sony is a superb player, and I could see many reasons why people would pick it over the Pana (if you have a Sony TV, for example, and want to just use one remote), not least the free-disc deals that are flying around.

TRENDING THREADS