SONY BACKLIGHT BLEED

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
People with the dreaded backlight bleed problem might be interested to know that it seems its due to the panel being overtightened at the back.

If your feeling brave and dont mind (possibly) invalidating the warranty, loosening the problem area a little should sort the problem (Ive not tried it myself but just a half turn of the screw should make a difference)

I have to say im kinda disgusted with Sony that they dont have the quality control in place to just make sure each and every screw is torqued up to the correct setting though!

A

Anonymous

aliEnRIK:
People with the dreaded backlight bleed problem might be interested to know that it seems its due to the panel being overtightened at the back.

If your feeling brave and dont mind (possibly) invalidating the warranty, loosening the problem area a little should sort the problem (Ive not tried it myself but just a half turn of the screw should make a difference)

I have to say im kinda disgusted with Sony that they dont have the quality control in place to just make sure each and every screw is torqued up to the correct setting though!

do you have a link to that info please ??

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
maxflinn:aliEnRIK:

I cant post it, it WOULD get removed and id get a slapped hand (again). You know what theyre like on here.........

A

Anonymous

aliEnRIK:maxflinn:aliEnRIK:

have you a hint as to what i might google ?? ive found nothing when typing sony backlight bleed solved ..

I cant post it, it WOULD get removed and id get a slapped hand (again). You know what theyre like on here.........

A

Anonymous

aliEnRIK:

i tryed that last year on my sony kdl40w4500 after hearing it on here! it didnt do anything at all to the back light bleed in the top corner.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
fowler:aliEnRIK:

i tryed that last year on my sony kdl40w4500 after hearing it on here! it didnt do anything at all to the back light bleed in the top corner.

For the really bad panels people have also used a soft cloth (So as to obviously not make a amess of the screen), and physically 'stroke' the panel out (Its probably very slightly warped) as its loose on the screws

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
This is why I'm not buying a Sony. I've only ever bought Sony TV's in the past and I'm buying a new 32"/37" next month (don't ask why I'm stuck with a 20" at the mo!) I'm probably going with Philips, and leaving Sony will be one hell of a wrench but what can you do?

A

Anonymous

Disgraceful that Sony should have such issues with their new panels when my 3 year old LG works perfectly!!!

ElectroMan

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
I think somebody mentioned a while ago on the really long Sony backlight bleed thread that an engineer had suggested it was due to over-tightened screws.

I've not heard of rubbing it, although that has been recommended for a while for dead or stuck pixels, on computer monitors...

A

Anonymous

Sizzers:This is why I'm not buying a Sony. I've only ever bought Sony TV's in the past and I'm buying a new 32"/37" next month (don't ask why I'm stuck with a 20" at the mo!) I'm probably going with Philips, and leaving Sony will be one hell of a wrench but what can you do?i havnt read of any clouding problems on sonys 32,37 inch screens . has anyone ??

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
ElectroMan:
I think somebody mentioned a while ago on the really long Sony backlight bleed thread that an engineer had suggested it was due to over-tightened screws.

I've not heard of rubbing it, although that has been recommended for a while for dead or stuck pixels, on computer monitors...

I didnt really mean 'rub' in the conventional sense. I ment sort of 'stretch' or 'flatten' the screen so that there are no kinks in it (Not warped at all). Talking on a purely physical level it should simply be a matter of slightly slackening the screws in the problem area (In the case of them being overtightened)

If the screws have been tightened in such a way that the screens 'warped' then they probably ALL need loosening and the screen flattening out before retightening the screws again

A

Anonymous

aliEnRIK:ElectroMan:

I didnt really mean 'rub' in the conventional sense. I ment sort of 'stretch' or 'flatten' the screen so that there are no kinks in it (Not warped at all). Talking on a purely physical level it should simply be a matter of slightly slackening the screws in the problem area (In the case of them being overtightened)

If the screws have been tightened in such a way that the screens 'warped' then they probably ALL need loosening and the screen flattening out before retightening the screws again

surely sony should make sure the screens are tightened properly ? the signs are good with the new freesat models so far ...

A

Anonymous

REMOVED BY hmtb.

Post meant for different thread. Silly mistake.
emotion-10.gif

A

Anonymous

aliEnRIK:ElectroMan:

I'm not sure I'd be too pleased about buying a new tv and then unscrewing the back and flattening out the screen. Firstly, you shouldn't have to do that, and secondly, I'd be afraid of damaging it and voiding the warranty, and then where would one be?
emotion-9.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts