Sony 4K Q&A

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

sound10

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Hi bigboss, oh okay. Didn't know about that with regards to the wall mount option. I guess Sony are not going to be able to please everyone. Re detachable speakers like PIoneer did on their Plasma's, that could be one option.

However the other side of the argument could be that I've paid a huge remium for a high end 4k TV, why is the inbuilt sound not so great. Also others will then question why they have to pay extra for decent sound from their TV's. Again, it's very hard for a manufacturer to please everyone. If you read on various forums and owner reviews on retailers sites, a lot of owners of the X9005A have bought the TV because of the superb speakers, including myself.

sound10

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
That could be one way of doing it bigboss. I was just going to add that had the X9005A not been received well critically, or sold well all over the world, including here in the UK, I don't think that Sony would have incorporated the magnetic fluid speakers/wedge design into the 2014 X9005B, or introduced the wedge design to improve the sound on the other models.

sound10

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
sound10 said:
Just to add an online petition has been set up by another member on another forum with regards to the HEVC Codec Issue on the 2013 X9005A TV's. You can sign the petition if you wish and that also can be done anonomously. Here is the link :-

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/sony-corp-provide-a-solution-to-sony-s-european-flagship-x9005a-range-of-4k-televisions-to-support-the-hevc-h-265-codec-to-allow-4k-video-playback-from-external-usb-media-and-netflix-4k-streaming-services

http://www.whathifi.com/news/sony-4k-media-player-brings-netflix-4k-streaming-to-201213-4k-tvs

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts