Sony 40W2000, judder, motion blur, and freeview

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am still having trouble getting hold of a Panasonic 37" LCD at a reasonable price. They must be selling like hot cakes as the next batch of deliveries seems to be the first week in December!

Our second choice was the Sony 40W2000, which we have now found at a very good price so we are very tempted.

However we missed the review in What Hi Fi so I wondered if you could give me an idea how it performs with Freeview, and if there is much motion blur with rugby football etc.

I hesitate to ask for fear of being run off the forum :) but what about degree of 'judder' with HD sources. I have read the specs and see it doesn't support 24fps but does it exhibit excessive judder, or would it not really be noticeable to the man (or in my case woman) in the street.

Your views would be very welcome as Wales V South Africa is on Saturday and it would be lovely to watch on a nice big screen

Thank you

A

Anonymous

Sorry to shamelessly reply to my own thread - I just wanted to add that I have seen this LCD in case anyone was thinking I was just going by the advice on here and buying cold.

To my eye, the 40W2000 and TXLZD70 are both good sets but offer different viewing experiences, whci is why I am asking these questions of the experts.

Finally this 'clouding' issue I have read about seems to have calmed down lately. Does this mean models of the 40W2000 made later in the year are cloud free?

Once again thank you

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
The Sony W2000 was our TV Product of the Year in 2006, but such is the vast progress (plasma resurrection; arrival of HD players) made in the past year, you can buy better.

If you're after a Full HD set, I would strongly advise you choose one with 24fps support if you're planning to add an HD source - you will see judder in fast-moving images.

Sony's 40W3000 adds this support and is a superb five-star LCD TV - if you're looking for a 37-40in Full HD alternative to the Pana, i'd pick this one.

A

Anonymous

Thank you for the swift response Clare - much appreciated

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts